Who are we?
The Association was formed in December 1994 as a professional association for mathematics teachers and other mathematics educators in Singapore.
What are our objectives?
The objectives of the Association are:
- To enhance the quality of mathematics education in Singapore through the promotion of mathematical activities
- To promote the professional development of mathematics educators
- To encourage critical discussion of issues and problems in mathematics education and seek methods of alleviating such problems
- To disseminate mathematics education research findings and methods of teaching to both the educators and the wider community via journals, newsletters, talks, conferences, workshops, etc.
- To facilitate closer ties with the local and international mathematics educational communities
What do we do?
The Association organises conferences, workshops and seminars with the intention of disseminating information on current events and issues in mathematics education to members as well as providing forums for discussion among mathematics educators.
The Association also publishes The Mathematician Educator, a refereed journal with articles on mathematics education, as well as the AME Yearbooks.
You can contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org