AME’s flagship event, the Mathematics Teachers Conference, aims to bring together international and local mathematicians and mathematics educators to share their expertise and to keep Singapore teachers updated with developments in the mathematics curriculum.
The theme of MTC2021 is The Joy of Learning Mathematics. This half-day (virtual) event took place on Friday 4th June 2021. Please refer to this link for the finalized programme, abstracts of talks and speakers’ bio.
You can download a pdf copy of the slides for the talks below:
- Lecture 2: Motivating, Maintaining, and Maturing by Dr John West
- Lecture 3: Tinkering with the Problem: Key Experience in Mathematical Activities with Joy of Learning by Prof Yoshinori Shimizu
- Lecture 4: Building Thinking Classroom. Link to the actual powerpoint (80 mb) as shared by Prof Peter Liljedahl.
- Lecture 5: The Sum of the Parts is Greater than the Whole by Prof Berinderjeet Kaur
- Lecture 6: Discovering the Joy of Learning Mathematics Through a Constructivist Approach: Developing Creators and Consumers of Mathematics by Dr Lee Ngan Hoe
- Lecture 7: Infusing Problem Solving into Teaching A Level Mathematics by Dr Toh Tin Lam
The delivery of the 2020 AME Yearbook will take place during end June. School teachers can look forward to receiving their copies when school reopens.