AME’s flagship event, the Mathematics Teachers Conference, aims to bring together international and local mathematicians and mathematics educators to share their expertise and to keep Singapore teachers updated with developments in the mathematics curriculum.
The theme of MTC2022 is Mathematics Instruction for the Future. This half-day (virtual) event will take place on Thursday 2nd June 2022, 8am to 12 noon. Speakers include:
- Professor Michael Dorff, Brigham Young University, USA
- Professor Manuel Santos-Trigo, Cinvestav-IPN, Mexico
- Professor Roberto Araya, Universidad de Chile, Chile
- Professor Chan Heng Huat, National University of Singapore
- Dr Ng Kit Ee, Dawn, National Institute of Education, NTU
- Dr Yeo Boon Wooi, Joseph, National Institute of Education, NTU
- Dr Yeap Ban Har, Pathlight School (Singapore)/Anglo-Singapore International School (Thailand)
Finalized programme, Abstracts of Talks and Speaker’s bio.
Before you proceed to register for MTC2022, please note the following.
- MTC2022 is an online event through zoom. Participants are to ensure that they have a reliable internet connection and the necessary software to join the zoom session.
- Each participant is required to provide your full name (for payment verification) and an email address during registration. The details of the zoom session will be sent to the provided email address on 1st June 2022.
- Fees: SGD15 for each participant. (Based on feedback from last year, we have streamlined our processes and will not be engaging an external vendor, resulting in a significant reduction in fees. Hence there will be no discounted rates for MTC2022.)
- Payment mode: We only accept payment by credit card through PayPal or IFAAS. (For credit card payment, you will be redirected to the PayPal site for payment. You do not require a PayPal account to make payment. For IFAAS billing, please indicate clearly your school/organization and the contact person during registration.)
- All fees received are non-refundable.
- AME reserves the right to not admit any participant who has not paid the fees.
- There will not be an AME Yearbook for this year. Instead, a special issue of the Mathematician Educator will be published. Articles in the issue will be open access.
Registration will close on 1st June 2022 at 5pm. Participants who register on and before 31st May 2022 will receive the zoom session details on the morning of 1st June 2022. Participants who register on 1st June 2022 before 5pm will receive the email by 8pm on 1st June.